Professor Skank is by far the most well-known Greek dub producer with numerous great releases and collaborations.
Born and raised in Greece, he experimented with the genre at a really young age on a 4-track recorder in the early 90’s. Meeting Mad Professor was a turning point for him. He discovered his talent and initiated him into the secrets of dub music.
In the following years this collaboration allowed him to use the legendary Ariwa Studios. He worked with great artists like Max Romeo, Zion Train, Brinsley Ford Aswad, Love Grocer, Earl16, Vibronics, Afrikan Simba, Dreadzone and many other. In 2006, his first solo album “Industrial Democracy” was released through Universal music.
Based in his studio, he keeps on producing music, releasing vinyls and remixing tunes on international labels, presenting his music all around the world. Professor Skank is the first Greek musician to ever appear in Glastonbury Festival, Great Britain ‘s most famous music festival.
In 2014 Professor Skank starts a new collaboration with Pale Sound Records and releases his second solo album “Digital Revolution”. His bet with himself was to bring together two different cultures, the Cretan musical tradition and the Jamaican reggae/dub. In his studio, surrounded by traditional instruments and music gurus he recorded the musicians playing in reggae/dub rhythms. During his tours and performances, Professor Skank had the chance to meet many great artists. One of them is the legendary and one of the best living reggae singers, Earl 16. Earl 16 offered his unique voice in the anthem called “The Money Pressure”. And where the samples end, the voice of MC J Fyah from Moca Juniors takes over and gives a festive touch to the project.
During the last years he has made a lot of collaborations alongside Dreadzone, Vibronics, African Simba, Earl 16 and many other producers! His latest work is the ‘Cosmic Dub’ EP alongside the dub duo Skg’s Dub Alliance from Greece.
Stay tuned! A lot of new dub by Professor Skank is coming your way!
- Stefanatty Meets Professor Skank – Not In My Name (Self Released, CD, 2004)
- Industrial Democracy (MUSIC CHICKEN, CD, 2006
- Abassi All Stars / Professor Skank – Acropolis / Acropolis Dub (Deep Root, 7’’, 2009)
- What Is Rasta / What Is Dub (Renegade Records, 10’’, 2010)
- Rasta Education EP (Urban Sedated Records, 12’’, 2010)
- Outer Space / Dubwise Champ (Renegade Records, 10’’, 2010)
- Professor Skank Feat Earl Sixteen & MC Spee – Can’t Get Away/Jah Jah Is Coming (4Weed Records, 12’,2016)
- Skg’s Dub Alliance meets Professor Skank – Cosmic Dub EP (2021)
No products were found matching your selection.